Friday, May 18, 2012

Last kid to be born!

Ginger, my F1 Nigora, finally had her baby.  She was BIG and I thought she would have at least two but only one was found this morning.  It's a 'he' but very cute.  So he is 1/4 angora and 3/4 nigerian with blue eyes.  My youngest Kella is wanting to keep him, so for now he's a keeper.  Maybe he'll turn out to be a good prospect for breeding in my nigora program if he is bred back to full angora does.  That's a thought.

On the good side, Ginger has a great milk bag on her and I had to actually milk her some today because she looked too full.  I got 10oz easily and did not even milk her out because the baby was still needing to have some to nurse.  Maybe she'll be my milker this year.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! He is adorable. And how great about Ginger being a good milker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I know. It will be great if I can continue to milk her. He may not have very good fiber (time will tell) but he has floppy ears like the angora.

    ReplyDelete