Friday, February 8, 2013

Getting close.... to babies around here!

 This is Ginger, my nigora doe, and she is bred to Shiloh the blue eyed nigerian buck.  As big as she looks I'm expecting at least twins from her.  Last year she had a single buck kid and was a great mom with a good udder on her.  I'm hoping to be able to milk her once a day after the kids are a few weeks old.
 This is Tinkerbelle, a nigerian doe, bred to Shiloh also for full nigerian kids.  This picture doesn't show it but she is as round as Ginger and looking to drop twins (hopefully) for me.  She had twins last year for her previous owner. 
Both her and Ginger are due about the middle of March.  So another 4-5 weeks I'll have babies kids and lambs starting to pop around here.

The two sheep in this picture that are bred is the black gulmoget in the back and the black in the bottom left corner.  They are both due about mid march to the end of march.  I can't get a good picture of them because they come up to the fence wanting treats when I get close except Easter Day who likes to hang at the back and very suspicious of anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment