Sunday, November 14, 2010

First Attempts at Felted Soap

Nancy at A Shepherd's Voice got me inspired.  I've been making soap this year and love the hot process method.  I've heard and seen some soaps with a wool coat on them but have never tried it til this evening.  I found I had some carded wool I had bought from SAFF last year so...my first attempts began.  
This was my first attempt.  The soap lathers really well but I did not wind the wool correctly.  I love the colors though.
This was my second attempt this evening.  I used some of my lavender soap to compliment the white and purple wool.  I did a little better with this one but I think I still need to work on it.  

Since I have my own wool factory outside I hope to use some of it in future attempts.  Simple and easy things to learn with wool is a good start for a busy mom who works full time. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment